Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Gamespy is down, Please patch your game/create new profile
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:11 am 
Clan Leader

Hello everyone,

I don't know if anyone posted about this before, so if I'm double posting forgive me.

Alright, just to make sure everyone knows what the heck is going on, Gamespy is no more! I just finished patching over all of our servers, so here's what you need to do.

If you're running UT3 through steam, it should auto-patch for you, but if you have auto-patch turned off make sure you update your game.

If you're not running the game through steam, you need to manually patch the game, I uploaded the patched file to our teamspeak server, right click on lobby open file browser, should be the only file there, unzip the exe and overwrite it over the old one in the binaries folder, that's it.

If you try to login with your old info and it doesn't let you don't panic, just create a new profile, all your gamespy profiles are gone.

Alright one last thing so I don't make this too long, if the server is running on gamespy version still, and your client is running patched non-gamespy, or the other way around, you will see the server offline in your favorites, but if you double click you should be able to join either way, assuming the server's running and the ip is unchanged, you can also always join using ip in console "open ipaddress:port" port not necessary if server's running on default 7777 which is usually the case.

If you have any questions ask Bubba or myself.

Frag on!

Search for:
Home Page Home Page  [ 1 post ]